Dave is married to Cheryl and has three daughters, Elizabeth, Becca and Teresa, and three grandsons, Ryker, Ryland and Blake. Dave enjoys reading, golf, home projects and spending time with family/ friends and especially his grandsons.
Currently serves on the City of Sheboygan Redevelopment Authority. In addition he has served on:
- City of Sheboygan Plan Commission
- City of Sheboygan Parks and Forestry Board
- Sheboygan Special Marina Committee
- City of Sheboygan Sesquicentennial Committee
- Chairman, Sheboygan Industrial Development Commission
- City of Sheboygan Municipal Court Commission.
He has been involved in several community organizations over the years, including:
- Director, Junior Achievement of Sheboygan County
- Past Director & Past President, Lutheran High School
- Past President, Sheboygan Jaycees
- Past President, Big Brothers & Big Sisters
- Past Director & Past President, Visiting Nurse Association
- Past Director, Sheboygan Memorial Health Foundation
- Past Director, Past President and Campaign Chairman, Sheboygan Area United Way
- Past Vice-President & Past Chairman of the Governance Committee, Optimist International
- Instructor, Lakeshore Technical College Paralegal Program
- Past Director and Past President, Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director and Past President, University of Wisconsin-Sheboygan Foundation
- Past Member, UW College Board of Visitors
- Past Director and Past President, Sheboygan Country Club, Inc.
He currently serves in the following organizations:
- Director, Sheboygan County Economic Development Committee
- General Counsel, Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce
- Director and Past President, RCS Empowers, Inc.
- Director and Past President, Camp Evergreen Corporation
- Director and Past President, Neat Repeats of Sheboygan County, Inc.
- Director and Past President, Harbor Centre Squared Improvement District
- Chairpersons Committee, 2015 PGA
- Committee Member, 2020 Ryder Cup
- Gass is also a member and past president of the Sheboygan Noon Optimist Club.
- J.D. University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1981
- B.A.; Phi Beta Kappa, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1978
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1981
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin